Nicotinamide riboside, also known as Tru Niagen is a popular NAD+ anti-aging supplement touted to improve cellular energy levels and impact the diseases of aging. But can it help people infected with coronavirus? Maybe you have heard it speeds recovery by 30%? There is some research on this. In this video, I'll show you the human research on nicotinamide riboside and COVID-19 infection and the amounts used. I'll also show you the shortcomings and my thoughts for future research.
Does Nicotinamide Riboside Help COVID-19?
View on my YouTube channel if you prefer.
How Much Does It Cost?
For the most part, the supplements in this cocktail are inexpensive, except for nicotinamide riboside. Here they are so you can price them out for yourself.
Any Side Effects?
This study did not note any serious side effects occurring. Some reported a mild rash but it does not stop people from taking part in the study. Here are some things to keep in mind and consider if you decide to try this cocktail for yourself. This list is not complete.
- There is no proof taking this cocktail prevents COVID infection
- Stop at least 2 weeks before surgery
- If you take medications including blood thinners ask your doctor first
- If you have cancer, ask your doctor before taking nicotinamide riboside and NAC supplements
- The people in this study had mild-to-moderate infections. So far, research on severe covid infection is lacking.
Remember no supplement cocktail is a substitute for proven COVID-19 therapies.
- Tru Niagen Human Proof
- NMN For Aging: Wheres The Evidence?
- Tru Niagen Review of Research
- How To Naturally Raise NAD Levels
- Covid 19 Supplements Review