Glucosamine is a popular arthritis supplement but is it possible it may have other benefits too? Can glucosamine protect you against heart attacks, cancer, and strokes? Strange as it may sound, several studies say yes. In one investigation, the supplement was shown to reduce the risk of dying from heart disease by a whopping 65%. In this video review, I'll show you the research, the theory on why the supplement may help, possible side effects, and how much may work.
Glucosamine For Heart Disease Prevention
Watch on my YouTube channel if you prefer.
More Proof on This Video Too
Watch on my YouTube channel if you like
What Do I Suggest?
Many expensive arthritis supplements contain glucosamine as a key ingredient. But you can also purchase this by itself and save money. Here are some quality brands I like that don't cost much
Glucosamine Side Effects
While this supplement is considered pretty safe there are some things to keep in mind such as these:
- Start with less than recommended for the first week
- Take with food to reduce stomach upset
- Ask your doctor if you take blood thinners. Sage advice if you take any medications too
- Glucosamine might increase pressure in the eyes. This may be a concern for those with glaucoma.
- People with diabetes should monitor blood sugar levels. Some people have told me glucosamine can raise blood sugar levels. Studies don't generally show this so it may be rare.
- Look for glucosamine sulfate if you have osteoarthritis pain. Many supplements contain glucosamine HCL which I don't feel is as effective.
- For men, consider avoiding supplements that contain chondroitin sulfate. Preliminary evidence suggests it may be linked to prostate cancer.