I'm Joe Cannon. Welcome to Supplement Clarity. Within these pages, you'll discover what I've learned about dietary supplements, from over 20 years of investigation. So, how do you know you can trust what I share with you?
Here is a short summary of my background and credentials:
- I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology
- I've been investigating dietary supplements since the early 1990s
- I am a health educator, writer, and the author of several books
- I'm the author of the first book ever on exercise-induced rhabdomyolysis
- I don't work for any supplement company or pharmaceutical company
- Nutritional Supplements: What Works & Why
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics
- Advanced Personal Training
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook For The Fitness Professional
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You've Need To Know About
- Personal Trainer Practice Test
- 101 Personal trainer Marketing Secrets
I use science and rational thought as my litmus tests when I investigate supplements. That way, you get:
- No hype.
- No spin.
- No testimonials.
Over the years, I've been quoted in/appeared in a variety of media including:
- The New York Times
- Washington Post
- Fast Company Magazine
- The Daily Beast
- Fox 29 News
- 6ABC Action News
- Sirius XM Radio (“Doctor Radio”)
- Canada's CTV Your Morning
- Gym Source Spotlight
- KYW News Radio
- Healthy Living Made Simple Magazine
- Prevention Magazine
- Today's Dietitian Magazine
- Journal of Strength and Conditioning
I've even had the honor of speaking to the NASA community (yes, that NASA!)
If you have any other questions about me, just ask.