I'm Joe Cannon. Welcome to Supplement Clarity. For over 30 years, I've been helping people sort dietary supplement facts from fiction by revealing the pros and cons using an evidence-based approach.
I believe you deserve to see the clinical evidence and proof for dietary supplements, the companies behind them as well as the possible side effects and adverse reactions.
Only then can you make an informed decision.
Here is a short summary of my background and credentials:
- I do not work for any supplement company or pharmaceutical company
- I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology
- I've been researching and investigating dietary supplements since the early 1990s
- I've written several books, including a book about dietary supplements
- I'm the author of the first book ever on exercise-induced rhabdomyolysis
I use science and rational thought as my litmus tests when investigating supplements. By reviewing supplements this way, you get the following:
- No hype.
- No spin.
- No testimonials.
My goal is to give you the facts you need in plain English.
Over the years, I've been quoted in/appeared in a variety of media, including:
- The New York Times
- Washington Post
- Fast Company Magazine
- The Daily Beast
- Fox 29 News
- 6ABC Action News
- Sirius XM Radio (“Doctor Radio”)
- Canada's CTV Your Morning
- Gym Source Spotlight
- KYW News Radio
- Healthy Living Made Simple Magazine
- Prevention Magazine
- Today's Dietitian Magazine
- Journal of Strength and Conditioning
I've even had the honor of speaking to the NASA community (yes, that NASA!)
If you have any other questions about me, just ask.