I'm Joe Cannon. Welcome to Supplement Clarity. Within these pages, I will reveal what I've learned about supplements, from over 20 years of investigating them. So, how do you know you can trust what I share with you?
Here is a short summary of my background and credentials:
- I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology
- I've been investigating dietary supplements since the early 1990s
- I am a health educator, writer, and the author of several books
- I'm the author of the first book ever on exercise-induced rhabdomyolysis
- I don't work for any supplement company or pharmaceutical company
- Nutritional Supplements: What Works & Why
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics
- Advanced Personal Training
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook For The Fitness Professional
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You've Need To Know About
- Personal Trainer Practice Test
- 101 Personal trainer Marketing Secrets
I use science and rational thought as my litmus tests when I investigate supplements. That way, you get:
- No hype.
- No spin.
- No testimonials.
Over the years, I've been quoted in/appeared in a variety of media including:
- The New York Times
- The Daily Beast
- Fox 29 News
- 6ABC Action News
- Sirius XM Radio (“Doctor Radio”)
- Canada's CTV Your Morning
- Gym Source Spotlight
- KYW News Radio
- Healthy Living Made Simple Magazine
- Prevention Magazine
- Today's Dietitian Magazine
- Journal of Strength and Conditioning
I've even had the honor of speaking to the NASA community (yes, that NASA!)
If you have any other questions about me, just ask.