Aluva G Burn advanced weight loss supplements are very popular with people looking to improve energy while dropping a few pounds – or more than a few pounds. After someone told me she lost 16 pounds in 3 months, I got interested. So is the Aluva supplement the legit real deal or a dud? In this G Burn review, you'll discover the ingredients and my thoughts on those ingredients. I'll also compare the G Burn supplement to Aluva Ignite so you can see their differences. If you have any questions, leave a comment below. Affiliate Disclosure: This site may earn commissions purchases you make. See the affiliate disclosure page for more insights.
1 Aluva Benefits
According to the company that makes these slimming capsules, the G Burn supplement is said to:
- help with all-day fat burning
- support metabolic rate
- suppress appetite
- support digestion
While these results would be impressive, the best way to understand if these benefits are for real is to look at the ingredients and the research-backed proof.
2 Aluva G Burn Ingredients
A bottle has 30 capsules and 3 capsules have the following ingredients.
|Amount per serving||Percent Daily Value|
|Weight Loss Blend||1880||N/A|
|Coffee bean extract|
|Trace Mineral Blend|
|Apple cider vinegar|
|Cinnamon bark powder|
|Ginger root extract|
|Aloe vera leaf gel extract|
|Black pepper extract|
|Digestive Enzyme Blend||200 mg||N/A|
N/A = no daily value has been established.
Other ingredients: Silicon dioxide.
3 My Thoughts & Questions
- The Aluva supplement weight loss blend contains 1880 mg of several ingredients but the top 4 ingredients are Japanese green tea, garcinia Cambogia, Irvingia gabogenesis (African mango/ wild mango) and raspberry ketones. These makeup most of the weight loss proprietary blend.
- Does the “G” in G Burn refer to garcinia cambogia?
- What is the coffee bean extract that's used? Could it be chlorogenic acid?
- The Trace Mineral blend does not list any minerals
- The 80 mg of caffeine is roughly the same as a cup of coffee
- There is some research on apple cider vinegar promoting modest weight loss
- Black pepper enhances the absorption of other ingredients
4 Aluva G Burn Weight Loss Research
The company that makes this all-natural weight loss supplement doesn't reveal any clinical research performed on the product. Some weight loss research however has been conducted on its key ingredients – Garcinia Cambogia, Irvingia gabogenesis (African Mango), and raspberry ketones.
Of these, Garcinia Cambogia has probably been studied the most. Garcinia is supposed to boost weight loss is by preventing carbohydrates from being stored as fat. Garcinia contains a substance called hydroxy citric acid (HCA) which is thought to be at the heart of its belly-slimming benefits. It's an intriguing possibility but the research on Garcinia Cambogia weight loss effects is mixed. While some studies have demonstrated it works, other investigators have reported it doesn't.
Also called African mango and wild mango, Irvingia gabogenesis has been a popular slimming ingredient for several years. In some studies, people consuming a specific extract of Irvingia – called IGOB131 – reduced body weight significantly. In this study, taking 300 mg per day for 10 weeks promoted a 25-pound weight loss compared to overweight people who took a placebo pill. And as an added bonus, the supplement also may reduce cholesterol and bad LDL cholesterol too. In a review, researchers concluded that the substance is an interesting compound but better studies are needed to best understand how well it might work.
Raspberry ketones are aromatic molecules that give raspberries their unique smell. They are not the same thing as BHB ketones seen in ketogenic supplements. In other words, they will not cause ketosis to occur.
Preliminary research involving lab animals suggests raspberry ketones may support healthy weight loss however these results have not been duplicated in humans. One interesting side note is some evidence hints that when applied topically to the head, raspberry ketones may help grow hair.
What about Japanese matcha green tea? Since it appears first in the weight loss blend, it makes up most of the 1880 mg in the proprietary fat burner blend. This supplement uses matcha green tea is more concentrated than the green tea that is probably in your kitchen cupboard. Green tea has been studied to see if it promotes weight loss. However, if it works, the effects may not be noticed by most people.
To be fair there is clinical research on all of the ingredients in the G Burn supplement. I'm focusing on the top 4 in the list as they make up most of the weight loss blend.
5 Digestive Energy Blend
The G Burn supplement also contains a digestive energy blend which is composed of 4 enzymes:
- Amylase, which breaks down carbohydrates
- Protease, which digests proteins
- Cellulase, an enzyme that breaks down cellulose that forms the cell walls of plants
- Lipase, a fat-digesting enzyme
In theory, these enzymes may aid with digestion in people who have digestive issues such as Crohn's disease, irritable bowel disease, celiac disease, and ulcerative colitis. It's debatable if healthy people need digestive enzymes.
6 Aluva G/Burn vs. Ignite Energy
What about the other Aluva supplement – Ignite Energy? Does Aluva G Burn work better at burning fat when it's combined with Ignite Energy – or vice versa? The company says these supplements work synergistically with each other. While anything is possible, the company does not reveal evidence of superior weight loss when these supplements are added together. They may or may not be more effective together. If you want to know how these supplements stack up to each other, here are their ingredients side-by-side.
|Aluva G Burn (3 capsules)
||Ignite Energy (1 stick)
|Calories: 5||Calories 15|
|Caffeine: 80 mg||Total Carbs: 3g (1% DV)|
|Weight Loss Blend 1880||Vitamin B1/Thiamin 1.2 mg (100% DV)|
|Japanese matcha green tea||Vitamin B2 /Riboflavin 1.3 (100% DV)|
|Garcinia cambogia||Vitamin B3/Niacinamide 16 mg (100% DV)|
|Irvingia gabogenesis||Vitamin B6 1.7 mg (100% DV)|
|Raspberry ketones||Folate / methyl folate 680 mcg DFE (170% DV)|
|Coffee bean extract||Vitamin B12 / methylcobalamin 9.6 mcg (400% DV)|
|Trace Mineral Blend||Pantothenic acid 5 mg (100%DV)|
|Apple cider vinegar||Sodium 180 mg (8% DV)|
|Cayenne pepper||Energy & Nootropic Blend 569 mg (N/A)|
|Cinnamon bark powder||Green coffee bean extract (caffeine)|
|Ginger root extract||L-Theanine|
|Aloe vera leaf gel extract||Glutathione|
|Black pepper extract||Rhodiola Rosea|
|Digestive Enzyme Blend 200 mg||Ashwagandha|
|Lipase||Optimal Absorption Blend 205 mg|
|Black pepper (95% piperine)|
7 Aluva Ignite Energy: My Thoughts
The energy /nootropic blend contains 569 mg which is mostly composed of green coffee bean extract. They list caffeine as the extract. This means Ignite energy has quite a bit of caffeine. But how much?
Huperzia serrata, contains huperzine A, a substance that's been studied to improve memory.
8 How Much Do Aluva Supplements Cost
Aluva supplements are not sold in local stores like Target, Vitamin Shoppe, GNC, Walmart, Sam's Club, or Costco. The company has a multi-level marketing structure so the only way to purchase the supplements is to go through an ambassador (brand rep/distributor). If you try to buy Aluva supplements on the company website (Aluva.co), you'll have to provide the name of the ambassador who is referring you. For brand representatives, this is a good thing as it helps them make commissions
Here are prices listed on the company website when last checked:
- Aluva G Burn: $100 per bottle (1-time purchase). If you are a member and get automatic shipments, the cost is $90.
- Ignite Energy: $50 per box (1-time purchase). If you are a member, the cost is $45. A box of Ignite Energy has 15 on-the-go- mix sticks. So double the price to $90 to $100 a month if you are using 1 energy stick per day.
9 Who Makes Aluva Supplements?
The original name for the company was Nektar Life, LLC. At some point, the company was renamed Aluva. The Aluva company address is 26 s rio grande #2072 SLC, ut 84101. This is a US-based company. The company website (Aluva.co) was registered in 2020. As stated on their website the company was started during the global pandemic.
The company name is interesting and I'd say rather beautiful too. However, what does it mean? Aluva is the name of a suburb in Kochi, India. But what does a town in India have to do with dietary supplements? I cannot say.
10 How To Contact Aluva
If you have questions about your purchase or want a refund you can call the company at 833-382-0536. You can also email the company at Support@Aluva.co. If you purchased your supplements through a brand rep /ambassador/distributor, then reach out to that person first who can likely help you get your money back.
11 Guarantee and Returns
If you think the supplements are not right for you and wish to receive a refund, be aware that before you return supplements you must receive a return merchandise authorization number (RMA) first. Call the company to get this. Also, the company has stipulations on how to ship the items back. These rules can be found on the Return Policy page of their corporate website.
12 Aluva G Burn Side Effects
There are no known established adverse reactions from taking the G Burn weight loss supplement. The G Burn Supplement Facts label does list that it may contain soy and wheat so if you are allergic to those dietary ingredients, it may be best to avoid them. While there are no known reasons to steer clear of the supplement, here are some thoughts and suggestions. When in doubt, ask your doctor for the best advice for you.
- Start with less than recommended for the first week. This will give your body time to adjust and if side effects exist, it may also reduce the severity of any that you experience.
- Don't take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Unless your doctor tells you otherwise stop taking the G Burn weight loss supplement at least 2 weeks before surgery. This includes dental surgery too
- If you have liver problems including elevated liver enzymes ask your doctor before using
- There have been at least 12 reports linking garcinia cambogia to liver problems including liver failure. It's not known why this occurs. In most reports, people took supplements containing many ingredients, making it difficult to pinpoint garcinia cambogia as the cause. In at least 1 report, Garcina was the only ingredient taken. While the reports are few compared to the millions of people who have taken garcinia cambogia supplements, liver failure is serious.
- The G Burn supplement contains 80 mg of caffeine which may cause jitteriness in those sensitive to this stimulant. Avoid taking close to bedtime too.
- If you take any medications including blood thinners, speak to your doctor. Ingredients like apple cider vinegar, ginger, turmeric, and aloe vera have blood thinner effects and may, in theory, interact with anti-clotting drugs like warfarin (coumadin).
13 What Do I Suggest?
Here are some supplements I feel would work better:
- Apple cider vinegar (this brand)
None of these supplements are “sexy” but they do have weight loss research showing they appear to work. They are also less expensive too.
14 Aluva Burn G Pros and Cons
These are my opinions. Your's may be different.
|The website is easy to navigate||No research on Aluva G Burn could be found|
|Not sold in local stores|
15 Does G Burn by Aluva Really Work?
So I'm not prepared to call Aluva supplements are a pyramid scheme although I do think the supplement could be reformulated to have fewer ingredients. Regardless, at least one person has told me this supplement worked, which is good news. At the end of the day if Aluva works for you, great. I'd just like to see a few clinical studies to know for sure.
Joe Cannon says
Thanks so much, Lee I’m glad my review helped you. Let me know if the irgingia supplement helps you.