My name is Joe Cannon and I want you to know what I know about dietary supplements.
Here's a short Bio of my credentials to help you get to know me better:
- I have an MS degree in exercise science and a BS degree in chemistry and biology.
- I've been investigating dietary supplements since the 1990s.
- I am a teacher, writer, and the author of several books – including Nutritional Supplements What Works and Why.
- I've been quoted in the New York Times
- Appeared on Fox 29 News and other local news outlets
- Been a content consultant for Dateline
- Appeared in Prevention Magazine
- Written for Today's Dietitian
- Been on Sirius XM Radio
- Written for The Journal of Strength and Conditioning
I've even lectured to NASA (yes, that NASA!)
I'm the author of the first book -in the world – 0n a medical condition called exercise-induced rhabdomyolysis.
My books include:
- Nutritional Supplements: What Works & Why
- Personal Fitness Training Beyond The Basics
- Advanced Personal Training
- Nutrition Essentials: A Guidebook For The Fitness Professional
- Rhabdo: The Scary Side Effect Of Exercise You've Never Heard Of
- Personal Trainer Practice Test
- 101 Personal trainer Marketing Secrets
- How To Become A Personal Trainer
You can learn more about these and other books by clicking here.
I use science and rational thought as my litmus tests when I investigate supplements. That way, you get:
Two things I want to also say are that:
- I do not work for any dietary supplement company
- I do not work for any pharmaceutical company
I will ALWAYS tell you to speak to your doctor or pharmacist before trying supplements.
If you have any other questions about me, just ask.